Here is a recipe for Wagyu beef stew with red wine and vegetables that can be made in an Instant Pot:
- 2 lbs Wagyu beef stew meat
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small parsnip, diced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the Wagyu beef with salt and pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the "Saute" setting and heat some oil.
- Add the beef to the pot and brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onions, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, and turnip. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the red wine to the pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Add the beef broth to the pot, along with the beef.
- Close the Instant Pot and set the pressure valve to "Sealing". Select the "Pressure Cook" setting and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully use the pressure valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and add the frozen peas. Stir to combine.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the "Saute" setting and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve the Wagyu beef stew with your choice of sides, such as mashed potatoes or crusty bread. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like any variations on this recipe.